19 Oct Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow
Unwanted hair is a challenge for some women. The chin, sideburns, cheeks, and above/below the lips are common facial areas for this problem to occur. Shaving provides a temporary fix but requires constant attention.
Females experience stubborn hair on the lower part of the body, as well. One particularly embarrassing place is around the bikini line. Waxing temporarily removes the troublesome growth, but itchiness and irritation are all-too-frequent consequences.
Hair issues are not gender bias; back, neck, or/and ear hair is an especially difficult battle for some men to address. Interestingly, male chest hair has also become an unappealing trait in certain demographics (yes, a smooth chest is now desirable!).
What can be done about unwanted hair? At one time, electrolysis was the long-term solution. Results were impressive, but many people found the process time-consuming and painful. Today, many individuals seek out a better way, and its name is laser hair removal.
Let’s look a little closer at this procedure.
- Laser hair removal transmits a beam of light through the skin to disrupt hair follicle development.
- Several treatments may be necessary to satisfactorily inhibit new growth from occurring.
- Almost any area on the body can be addressed with this procedure.
- The technique does not require anesthesia. Even so, only an experienced medical professional should perform the treatments.
- The duration of the procedure is determined by the size of the area being addressed. For example, the chin could take several minutes while the legs will take much longer.
- Pinkness, swelling, and minor stinging may occur, but these effects usually subside within hours. Most people are able to resume their regular activities almost immediately. Nevertheless, it’s important to stay out of the sun for at least several days.
Laser hair removal is a fabulous way to rid yourself of hair you do not want. Some people realize better results than others; still, at minimum, most individuals are afforded lighter, finer growth that does not scream out, “Hey, look at me!”
So, if you’re searching for a place to banish your unwanted hair, look no further. The Plastic Surgery Center of Hattiesburg has not one but two types of lasers to wipe out unappealing hair.
Why two? Not everyone’s hair is the same. Therefore, at our facility, treatments are customized to you!
Do you have unwanted hair? Schedule a series of hair removal treatments with Dr. Talbot today!